Eight Canadian universities have been ranked among the top 200 universities around the world, with the University of Toronto, University of...Continue reading →
Study In Canada
How to get a study permit in Canada
When it comes to studying in Canada the first thing you need to know is that before you can apply for your study permit you must have already been accepted by a recognized Canadian university. A study permit allows you to study in a Canadian university and remain in Canada during the duration of your studies. Some foreign nationals may require a visa as well as a study permit to enter Canada as an international student.
There are 3 ways to apply for a student visa or study permit.
- Mail in Application – you can download all the forms for your application, fill them out, make your payment and then Submit your application.
- Online Application – This is the most popular way to apply for those looking to do it themselves. To apply online you must have a valid credit card to make your payment, A camera and a scanner to create electronic copies of your documents
- Certified Immigration Professionals – This is the best option. By hiring a professional consultant or lawyer you can be assured that all your paperwork will be up to date and filled out correctly the first time. We have reviewed the top agencies and lawyers to help you. To read more about our reviews click here
Where should I study?
Canada not only has one of the best education systems in the world but their universities have some of the most beautiful campuses as well. With so many great universities on offer, how should you choose? Here is a list of the top 5 universities for international students.
University of Waterloo
In the heart of the Waterloo Region, the University of Waterloo is home to world-changing research and inspired teaching. The University of Waterloo is located in the heart of Canada’s technology hub.
- During the year, the temperature varies from -10 degrees Celsius to a maximum of 26 degrees Celsius
- There are 35,900 students at Waterloo University
Simon Fraser University
Opened in 1965, SFU has become Canada’s leading comprehensive university with vibrant campuses in British Columbia’s largest municipalities. Innovative education is mixed with cutting edge research in one of Canada’s most beautiful settings.
- The coldest it will get in Burnaby is 0.1 degrees Celsius and the warmest it will get in winter is 13.5 degrees Celsius
- There are 35,064 students at Simon Fraser University
University of Alberta
The University of Alberta is among the top 5 universities in Canada and one of the top 100 universities in the world. Besides world class education, Alberta is one of the best cities to live in.
- Alberta is a vast area and so the average winter temperature in the southwest is 0 degrees Celsius and in the far north, 24 degrees Celsius
- There are 3,912 students at the University of Alberta
University of British Columbia
The University of British Columbia is consistently ranked among the top 40 universities in the world. Since 1915, UBC’s West Coast spirit has embraced innovation and challenged the status quo.
- The average winter temperature in Vancouver is 11 degrees Celsius
- There are 59,659 students at the University of British Columbia
University of Toronto
Established in 1827, the University of Toronto has one of the strongest research and teaching faculties in North America, presenting top students at all levels with an intellectual environment unmatched in depth and breadth on any other Canadian campus.
- The average winter temperature in Toronto is -3 degrees Celsius
- There are 84,556 students at the university of Toronto
Scholarships for International Students
One amazing aspect about being an international student in Canada is the amount of scholarships that are available. Canada is always encouraging people to study and further their education. With so many scholarships available, why not apply? Nearly every university in Canada offers scholarships for international students. Being accepted for a scholarship will help you with getting your Student Visa, and help you pay for your education.
There are so many more! Canada truly offers a wealth of opportunities at its many universities.