A mainstream immigration category in Saskatchewan has agreed to receive 500 new applications as of the morning of October 4, 2016. The International Skilled Worker Occupations In-Demand sub-category of the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) permits skilled workers with involvement in an in-demand occupation in Saskatchewan to make an application for a provincial nomination certificate, which may then be trailed by an application for Canadian permanent residence. Candidates don’t require a job offer to make an application.
The SINP sub-category has been revived on various occasions in 2016, the last time being on August 30, when the application admissions were filled inside two or three days.
Among other qualification prerequisites, candidates must be exceedingly skilled in an in-demand occupation in the territory. The present list contains 21 occupations over a scope of industries, eminently in engineering, trades, agriculture, health care, and IT.
The International Skilled Worker Occupations In-Demand sub-class is a “base” sub-category, implying that it is not adjusted to the government Express Entry immigration selection system. It is a possibility that people who are not qualified for Express Entry and people who are qualified for Express Entry who are yet to receive Invitation to Apply for permanent residence, might be qualified for this SINP sub-category.
Requirements for SINP International Skilled Worker Occupations In-Demand
- Provide proof of legal status if residing in Canada
- Obtain a minimum language score if Canadian Language Benchmark 4
- Have at least one year completed if post-secondary education or training equivalent to the Canadian education system
- Show proof of having one year (minimum) of paid work experience in the past ten years related to the field of education or training in a highly skilled occupation
- Provide proof of eligibility for Saskatchewan license if your profession is regulated in Saskatchewan and requires compulsory certification or licensing
- Proof of settlement funds and a settlement plan
- Score at least 60 points out of 100 on the point assessment grid
Here is a List of the in-demand occupations for the SINP International Skilled Worker-Occupations In-Demand sub-category:
- Computer and Information Systems Managers
- Managers in Social, Community and Correctional Services
- Recreation, Sports and Fitness Program and Service Directors
- Facility Operation and Maintenance Managers
- Managers in Agriculture
- Property Administrative
- Purchasing Agents and Officers
- Health Information Management Occupations
- Mathematicians, Statisticians and Actuaries
- Information Systems Analysts and Consultants and more