You should always be aware of how you will transfer your finances, cash and investments before making the big move. Here are a few tips to keep this process simple.
- Convert some money into cash before you land as you may need to purchase some items when you arrive.
- Get advice from the experts in your country of origin. These financial professionals will be able to give you the best advice.
- Put some money into your traveler’s checks for any unforeseen purchases when you arrive.
- Bring your international credit cards for identification purposes and as a method of paying for any unforeseen expenses.
- Electronically transfer money into your Canadian bank account from your country of origin but before making a transfer ensure that you know how long the transfer will take as some Canadian banks can impose holds on foreign deposits, sometimes up to 20 business days.
- Once you are in Canada, you will be able to open a bank account by presenting your immigrant papers and identification.